Friday, August 30, 2013

Smith's Haul Run -- Savings 78%







My smiths run for the week. The numbers are a little off on the ticket because of my rain checks.

When you do a rain check, they adjust the price the sale price but will not display the savings. 


My rain checks are for the 15 bottles of shaving cream (yes 15) and the two packages of toliet paper.

The shaving cream is about $5 each when it is not on sale. A couple weeks ago, it was part of the "Buy 5 Get $5 Back" sale. Which made them $1.49 each and there is an amazing coupon for $6 off when you buy 3! A rare money making coupon!! Of course, the shelves were cleared in a blink of an eye but no sweat. I got a rain check and will redeem it another day after the sale ends. Finally, Smiths had enough in stock and on the shelves for me to buy all 15, without clearing the shelves. Once I was ready to check out, the cashier had to manually type in the price of $1.49 for each shaving cream (yes, she had to do this 15 times). 

I still got it for free and made $7.65. However, worth and out of pocket (OOP) savings numbers are off on the ticket. As pictured you see I saved $84.61 and savings is 66%.  Not pictured is the OOP price of $46.96 including tax.

With my math, this is what my numbers should be if the shaving cream showed them as $5 each and toliet paper as $3.59 (the current price now on the shelves).


Worth: $212.75
Oop: $45.96

Savings: 78%

No comments:

Post a Comment